Roulette is the epitome of casino game!
Everyone has probably seen a roulette table once even if they’ve never played on it.
The table, the wheel and all the numbers might look intimidating, but the game is quite easy to learn. It has simple rules, thrilling gameplay and the potential for huge money and payouts, which makes it quite popular among the players.
Whether you’re a novice or an experienced player returning to the game, you need to brush up with the rules and be prepared for the fun experience. This comprehensive guide here has everything you need to know about Roulette.
Let’s start with getting to know this amazing game.
What Is Roulette?
Roulette, a casino game, is named after a French word that means ‘little wheel.’ For the game, the players place bets on either:
- A single number
- Various groupings or numbers
- The colors black or red
- Whether the number is even or odd
- If the numbers are high, i.e. 19-36
- If the numbers are low, i.e. 1-18
To determine the winner color or number, the dealer spins the wheel in one direction and the ball in the opposite direction. The ball is spin around a tilted circular track that runs around the outer edge of the wheel. Then, the ball loses momentum and falls onto the wheel and into pockets on the wheel.
The American Roulette consists of a wheel that has various colored and numbered sections along with a table. The wheel contains 38 slots with 1-36, 0 and 00. This extra slot increases the house edge to 5.26%. 1-36 numbers are colored in red and black alternately whereas 0 and 00 are colored in green.
Types Of Bet In American Roulette
As you now know the rules of games and how simple it is, let’s see how you can place your bet.
And, the two main areas for betting are ‘outside’ and ‘inside.’
Inside bets are the ones that you make on the inner section of the table. For instance, if you bet on a single number, that’d be considered as an inside bet. Also, these bets offer a higher payout along with a lower probability of winning.
There are six different types of inside bets:
- Straight Bet: If you bet on a single number like Black 19, it’d be a straight bet. With a winning payout of 35:1, this is the riskiest bet of all.
- Split Bet: If you place your chip on two numbers, it would be a double straight or split bet. This pays out 17:1.
- Street Bet: Street bet is placing your bet at three numbers at the same time, and the winning payout for the street bet is 11:1.
- Double Street Bet: If you place a chip on the line between the two rows of numbers between outside and inside of the table. This bet pays out 5:1.
- Corner Bet: This bet is when you place your bet on four numbers, and has 8:1 winning odds.
- Five Bet: Five bet is placed on the line beside the 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3 and has a winning payout of 6:1.
Outside bets offer better chances of winning but a lower payout. It is based on a broader category of numbers where one has to bet on a certain kind of number rather than betting on a specific one. There are five types of outside bets:
- Column Bet: In column bet, you bet on 12 numbers in a column, and this pays out 2:1.
- Dozen Bet: You are allowed to bet on 12 numbers for each spin, and this bet also pays out 2:1.
- Bet On Color: You can bet on either black or white, and the winning payout for this is 1:1.
- Bet On Even/Odd: With a winning payout of 1:1, you have to select either odd or even in this bet.
- Bet On High/Low: You can select either high or low numbers and place you bet for a winning payout of 1:1.
So, this was all you need to know about Roulette. Hopefully, after reading this article, you have a better understanding of this fun game. Now, you’re ready to conquer the Roulette tables. If you want to practice before you play the real game, you can play the game online for fun that would help you get to know this game a little better. There are various versions of this game available for free on the web.
Pawan is a content marketer who discovered his passion in developing all sorts of bizarre and interesting content for the readers on web.